23 SEPTEMBER 2016
- Principals Report: Striving for Excellence
- Student Rep Board of Trustees Election
- Welcome MTeachers to Kelston
- Tongan Language Week
- Commerce Department Update
- 13 Biology Trip: Auckland Zoo
- 13 Geography: Rotorua Trip
- From the Junior Academic Dean
- Theatresports: End of term update
- Farewell to Margaret Simei-Afamasaga
- Sports News: Soccer Senior C’s Win Western Zone Championship
PARENT FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT FOR US
There is plenty of research to support the fact that students whose parents/caregivers are in regular contact with the school will have a very good chance of being successful and achieving their goals as opposed to those students whose parents/caregivers have very little to do with the school.
We are always pleased to receive parent and community feedback and understand that life is busy but we encourage you to make every effort to meet and talk with us about your son’s education as together we can make a difference.
The school – family – student triangle is a key factor in academic success.
Below is a link to a Parent Guardian Survey, we encourage you to spend a few minutes giving us your feedback.
SIR GRAHAM HENRY SCHOLARSHIP
WE INVITE APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 CLOSE 29 JULY 2016
Established in recognition of the outstanding achievements of the former Deputy Principal and Principal of Kelston Boys High School, this Scholarship will be awarded to young men who can benefit from the unique opportunities offered by the school. We are looking for applicants currently in Year 8 and resident in the Auckland region, who are potential role models and exceptional students in the following areas:
- Performing arts
- Leadership - Special Leadership Awards (These are suitable for current Head Boys of Intermediates or similar positions and are for a 5 year period)